No it is not working. I think it means an http proxy, not a swift
proxy. It is trying to connect to S3_HOST through the PROXY, that it
is not the case.

s3cmd for example don't need the keystone server. You just connect to
the swift proxy, the swift proxy asks the the auth server (keystone)
for authentication and it passes you on.

I think i'm missing something here or something is not implemented
right on swift support on amanda.

As you can see on the previous message, the swift proxy responds with
the uri of the keystone server, but amanda is not sending something
right (or it is miss-configured).