On Wednesday 09 July 2014 18:11:17 Jon LaBadie did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2014 at 03:46:14PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> > > Not what I asked for, you know. I want to get rid of some
> > > wrapper-constructions by using the amanda script API ...
> >
> > This MUST be a wrapper, as it has things to do that cannot be done
> > until after amanda has finished.
>
> Top of the head blueskying, could your activites be the LAST thing
> amanda does?   I.e. after all dumps and tapings and reports?
>
> If it must be done when amanda is no longer running, another
> possibility.  Maybe could the script api be used to issue an
> "at" command.  Something like "at 'now + 5 minutes' your_script".
> Of course the 5 minutes would have to be determined.
>
> Jon

Thats a bit complex IMO.  It takes care of launching amanda, and when
amanda has returned, finished, it then does the rest of its thing, saving
the database amanda generates in /usr/local/var, and the
/usr/local/etc/amanda configuration that generated the backup.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)