Stefan,

I know it doies not answer your question, but after each run of amdump,
I run a script that rsync all amanda files/config/indexes/etc. to a
different server.

I also keep a rotation of 10 backward copies of tapelist.

Plus the whole information is being emailed to myself (with automatic
forward of my email to the email backup machine and my gmail account).

That way, I am pretty sure I won't loose anything :)

The script is in http://www.cs.ait.ac.th/laboratory/amanda/amdatabase

I recently faced a mangled tapelist, but luckily, I only had to
reconstruct the 4 ou 5 last days. That is when I added the rotation
copied of tapelist.

Best regards,

Olivier