Resolved!

Pretty simple, actually. I wasn't finding anything in Amanda's debug logs. But I found the clue in auth.log. The connection was getting dropped, because the key, although correct, was not from a permitted host. It then listed the name and address of the NAT as the source. So, I just added that to Amanda's .ssh/authorized_keys on the client, and everything works.