On 09/05/2014 04:51 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"PH" == Petr Hracek <phra...@redhat.com> writes:
PH> Can be amanda uninstalled (2.6.p1) and again installed (3.3.3)?
PH> What about configuration file or database changes?

I don't think that's possible.  I installed a new machine and just
copied the configuration files over (so no idea about the database files)
but even then there were things I had to tweak which weren't related to
any hardware changes that were made.  For example, none of the clients
could be contacted because things default to TCP instead of UDP now.  I
made a separate dumptype for those hosts.  And the new tape changer
setup required a few tweaks.  Nothing major, but not something you could
do as part of an automatic update.

  - J<
Thanks for the answer.

I don't think that automatic update will work as well.

Config files were changed and I think any advice would be welcome.
Is it documented somewhere?
Like what should be changed in configuration files.

Well, It seems, that I should study configuration 2.6.p1 and 3.3.3
and try to find out what is needed.

--
Best regards / S pozdravem
Petr Hracek