I will soon be setting up a MS-Windows (either XP or 7, not sure which yet) VM
on a CentOS 6 host (using KVM).  This VM will only be used 2-3 times a year to
access a building heating system. The building heating system has its own
little computer that communicates over the building's Ethernet LAN using a
MS-Windows specific Java program.  I will be using a LVM Logical Volume for
the VM's disk and using LVM's snapshot capability to create a mountable volume
that will use ntfs-3g to mount for Amanda to backup using GNU-Tar.  I see that
GNU-Tar does not backup NTFS's ACLs -- will this really matter in my case?
There will be little on this file system other than the base MS-Windows
installation.  There won't be any third party applications and no user data.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
hel...@deepsoft.com       -- Webhosting Services