"Stefan G. Weichinger" <s...@amanda.org> writes:

> Am 25.09.2014 um 17:21 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>>
>> Additional info:
>>
>> they can't use the A/ZManda-Windows-Client because the NTFS-share is
>> shared from a storage/SAN and not from a dedicated MS Windows Server.
>>
>> So we have to solve that on the side of the linux server, I assume.
>
> Does nobody here successfully do that with amanda?

You supposedly could run A/ZManda-Windows-Client on a Windows client (one that
remotely mounts the NTFS share). It will have a cost because the files
are traveling the network twice (from NTFS server to Windows client and
from Windows client to Amanda server).

Your Windows client could be some virtual machine that is started only
for back-up purposes (a virtualbox running from Amanda server, so you
"cut off" one network transfer). That is ugly.

It depends what is the NAS/storage amde of.

Best regards,

Olivier