I don’t know anything about  ORACLE  Linux  6,   but  from a
Scientific packaging of RedHat Linux  (versions 5 and 6)
I quite easily build my own fresh versions of Amanda from
    http://www.amanda.org/download.php
all of the time.
You need C compilers, and perl, and a few other things,
but it couldn’t hurt to try it  in a  /tmp  area.

Deb Baddorf
Fermilab