Hi all,

I've been using Amanda v2.5 for years an switched to v3.3.6 on freshly
installed FC21 server and all clients (SLES11) a few days ago. My
configuration contains the definition

define dumptype my-dump {

    global
    auth "ssh"
    ssh_keys "/var/lib/amanda/.ssh/id_rsa"

    program "DUMP"

    priority high

    compress client fast
}

and disklist entry like

foo.bar.com /home1 my-dump

Backing up works like a charm, but now I tried to restore a directory from
foo.bar.com:/home1 locally on my server:

# amrecover -C daily

AMRECOVER Version 3.3.6. Contacting server on 10.2.19.3 ...
220 amanda AMANDA index server (3.3.6) ready.

amrecover> sethost foo.bar.com

amrecover> setdate 2015-03-20

amrecover> setdisk /home1

amrecover> add ako

amrecover> lcd /tmp/amanda

amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive changer on host 10.2.19.3.
The following tapes are needed: daily-23
                                daily-2

Extracting files using tape drive changer on host 10.2.19.3.
Load tape daily-23 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/d]? y
Restoring files into directory /tmp/amanda
All existing files in /tmp/amanda can be deleted
Continue [?/Y/n]? y

set owner/mode for '.'? [yn] y

And this is where my trouble begins! Some files have been successfully
restored, but my response "y" is not processed. I see some zombie processes
in the process table. Pressing Ctrl-C terminates the entire restore. I don't
really care too much about the permissions, but "amrecover" didn't pick the
second tape!

First I tried with my password-less SSH setup, which worked fine in the
past, later I switched to "bsdtcp", but this doesn't make any difference.

What's the problem and - even more important - what can I do?

Best regards,

Michael.