Op 08-06-15 om 17:01 schreef Cuttler, Brian (HEALTH):

Amanda manages DLE (DiskList Entries) at the file system level, the tools used
to back up the file systems are all native to the OS (of the amanda client)
were the file system lives. The only tools I've seen used for backup are GTAR,
STAR and Dump, which is not to say that you couldn't possibly roll-you-own, but
it isn't something that I've seen discussed on the list before

I think the only thing that would help is using ZFS or Btrfs or anything else
which knows snapshots.

Gerrit