On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 12:48 PM, Chris Nighswonger <
cnighswon...@foundations.edu> wrote:

> So the Quantum tech had me run a device health test on the drive using
> their xTalk utility. The drive failed with some sort of comm error similar
> to what Amanda was seeing. So he then had me clean the drive twice and
> re-run the health test. The drive passed this time around.
>

> We will see what happens during the nightly backup run tonight.

The taper failed again on an assumed EOT. I reran xTalk and the health test
failed again. Sent off the new logs to Quantum. They are shipping a new
library to me overnight. Should be on line in time for tomorrow night's
backup run.

Kudos to Quantum (and their Rapid Replacement Program)!