Jean-Louis,

this reports the user "backup".

> Your dumpuser should be set to the same user
> All files should be owned by that user.
> All amanda command must be run by that user (except amrecover which
> must
> be run by root).

thanks a lot.  I've now changed all config settings to use the "backup" user
and chown'ed all existing files to the same user.  "amcheck" works, "amdump"
seems to work (I will have to wait some days to be sure) and local "amrecover"
works as expected.

cheers,

aa

Please consider the environment before you print / Merci de penser à
l'environnement avant d'imprimer / Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt bevor Sie
drucken Bombardier Transportation GmbH /Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender / Chairman of
Supervisory Board: Wolfgang Toelsner Geschäftsführung / Management Board:
Dieter John (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Dr. Susanne Kortendick, Dr. Daniel
Perlzweig Sitz der Gesellschaft / Principal Office: Berlin Registergericht /
Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 64838