> On Jun 27, 2016, at 4:07 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <s...@amanda.org> wrote:
>
> Am 2016-06-21 um 10:38 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
>
>> If the admin forgets to change tapes every week and the next tape to use
>> is NOT in the library, amanda goes wild and doesn't stop scanning for
>> the next tape ... it goes through the 8 slots over and over again and
>> even spawns processes over and over until we have to kill the amdump etc
>
> [..]
>
>> thanks for any pointers, Stefan
>
> I had expected some discussion ...
> nobody?

(I’ve been on vacation …)  But  I HAVE had occurrences when the correct tape
isn’t in the library.  Amanda will search through my whole library, but only
once.

The parameters you quoted seemed reasonable to me.    FWIW,  I’m running on
Linux, and we recompile what we run, since we want different parameters.  So
ours
isn’t any packaged executable.

Anybody else?
Deb Baddorf