On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 05:27:24AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> I asked an exclude file question back up the log a month or so ago that I
> guess got lost in the noise at the time.
>
> So let me ask it in a different way.
>
> Where is the log file that records where a client, running on its
> own "dumptype" would I find the name of the exclude file named in that
> dumptype, recorded along with success or failure at accessing that
> particular excludes file? Its being ignored according to the emails I
> rx.

I would expect it to be on the client.  On a client, I found it under
/var/log/amanda/client/<config_name>.

My exclude file path shows up in the sendsize and sendbackup
debug logs.  In the amgtar debug log the path appears only as
an error message when it doesn't find the file.  Some DLEs
have an exclude file, others do not.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                 j...@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)