On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 10:10:02 -0400
Jean-Louis Martineau <jmartin...@carbonite.com> wrote:

> It is a compatibility issue between amrecover 3.3 and a 3.4 server.
> The restore is successful, It is the error message that is bogus.
>
> Try the attached compat-crc.diff patch.
> Patching only the perl/Amanda/Restore.pm should fix the problem.

That appears to work.

I didn't see a Restore.pm on the client, now running 3.3. So I applied
it on the server (3.4) (on amd64), and restored the same DLE. No error
messages, and diffing the restore against a known good instance of the
same data showed no errors.

I also did a restore on the client, with just the server patched. That
also ran without any error messages and a successful diff.

Thanks!

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV