Nathan,

We want to flush the .tmp files.

They are partial dump and they may contains important files, so we want
to flush them.
amrecover never restore from partial dump, but they can be manually
restored.

Jean-Louis

On 21/11/17 08:33 PM, Nathan Stratton Treadway wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 14:42:01 -0500, Jean-Louis Martineau wrote:
> > Each process should take a lock on the holding directory (a pid file),
>
> In my original amflush-during-amdump test the specific error I noticed
> was that amflush attempted to flush .tmp files out of the holding
> disk (which in turn caused the taper process to crash).
>
> The pid-lock fixes will reduce the chance of that problem, but if (for
> example) an amdump process dies and leaves .tmp files in
> the holding disk, I think amflush would still try to flush them.
>
> Would it make sense for
> Amholding.pm:get_files_for_flush()/$each_file_fn() to check the filename
> and skip any that end in ".tmp" (similar to the check that exists in
> holding.c:holding_get_walk_fn() )?
>
> Nathan

> Nathan Stratton Treadway - natha...@ontko.com - Mid-Atlantic region
> Ray Ontko & Co. - Software consulting services - http://www.ontko.com/
> <http://www.ontko.com/>
> GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt
> <http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt>
> ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
> Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C 0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239
This message is the property of CARBONITE, INC. and may contain confidential or
privileged information.
If this message has been delivered to you by mistake, then do not copy or
deliver this message to anyone.  Instead, destroy it and notify me by reply
e-mail