Hi Jean-Louis,

| runtapes 1            # number of tapes to be used in a single run of amdump

| Because you tell it to use one tape.
As advertised, Amanda behaviors that I don't yet understand...

So, I suspect that vtape behavior is a big piece of Amanda and from this low
point on the learning curve, it looks formidable. Is there some document that
describes it sufficiently that I don't have to make a lot of mistakes and ask a
lot of stupid questions?

So, having been so helpful with that question, I have two more:

    1. If I am backing up a client to a NAS appliance, then I don't see how it
makes sense to have a holding disk, so I think I want to configure that out. Am
I right?
    2. How to I specify that I am backing up to a NAS and not
"file://var/amanda/vtapes/..."?

If anybody know were this stuff is discussed in a manual, then telling me where
it is would be helpful.

Thanks for the help,
--
Chris.