Am 30.07.2018 um 11:14 schrieb Kamil Jońca:

I enumerated dles, and now each have its own spindle (but I think, that
I should change maxdumps too).
So far - no change - amanda hangs

Maybe show us your actual config and the report emails.

I sent it in one of my previous mails. I can try to prepare minimal
hanging config (but it can take a while.)

I know that the following does not help but just for reference: I run amanda-3.5.1 on at least 2 debian-9.4-servers with several clients each and these work reliably for years now (sure, older versions before, you get the picture).

So maybe the perl-reinstall-suggestion from Austin might be worth a look.

Do you get any suspicious entries in dmesg or the system logs for the time of the hanging dumps? Maybe increase the debug level(s) and share the resulting debug files with the list.