On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 09:47:02 -0700
"Schlacta, Christopher" <aarc...@aarcane.org> wrote:

> So since there seems to be no official word from BETSOL, from those of
> you community members who were able to attend, what was the general
> feeling you got from them?  Is the future of amanda a bright, positive
> one?  or are we clinging to a slowly sinking dinghy?

Good question.

There were some very encouraging words from BETSOL and from the open
source side. We have a tentative list of things to do. Some will be
obvious, like update the web site; others not so obvious. We have some
volunteers to undertake some of those tasks.

Ashwin Krishna promised us minutes and a recording of the meeting. I
have not seen either. Indeed, if BETSOL has communicated with anyone on
this list since, I am not aware of it.

I expect they know that this is not an election, that actions count for
far more than words. Open source is a meritocracy, and BETSOL has to
earn its place with us.

On the other tentacle, companies do sometimes move slowly. And
sometimes people within a company have to sell what they want to do to
others within the company. I believe that there are folks here who can
and would be glad to help with that.

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but