On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 15:18:05 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > So, if you want to do the deep dive to try to debug that quirk... the
> > next step will be to look through the
> >   /var/log/amanda/Daily/amdump.20181112*
> > log file (assuming the run in question started after midnight this
> > morning; if not the datetime-stamp would be 20181111* of course).
>
> It did, I have some other stuff so it isn't started till about 03:05.
>
> > Find the "ANALYZING ESTIMATES..." section, and cut-and-paste the log
> > lines that discuss coyote:/var from that section on down through
> > INITIAL SCHEDULE, PROMOTING DUMPS IF NEEDED, and on through the
> > GENERATING SCHEDULE section....  and we'll see if those lines tell us
> > anything useful...
>
> Ok but my local prefix is /usr/local, and there is no such text
> in /usr/local/tmp*, so the .debug files there are quite small, 15 to 20

(Look at the top of the output of "amadmin Daily status"; the very first
line should be
  Using: [PATH...]/amdump.1
, where [PATH...] is the path to the directory containing the amdump.*
and log.* files.  [That will be a different directory than the one
containing the *.debug log files.])

                                                        Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239