Nathan Stratton Treadway <natha...@ontko.com> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 11:18:25 +0700, Olivier wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> UI am wondering if there is a way to define a DLE that would all
>> incrementals but only with increasing level:
>>
>> - full (0)
>> - incremental 1
>> - incremental 2
>> - incremental 3
>> - etc.
>>
>> But never: 0, 1, 1, 1, 2
>>
>> Each back-up level must be above the previous one or be a full back-up.
>
> I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish,

I am trying to backup something that can only have incremental with
increasing levels: it cannot do two level 1 in a row, levels must be 1,
then 2, then 3, etc. (think some successive snapshots).

According to amanda.conf(5) man page:

       bumpdays int
           Default: 2 days. To insure redundancy in the dumps, Amanda keeps
           filesystems at the same incremental level for at least bumpdays
           days, even if the other bump threshold criteria are met.

I want to absolutely cancel that feature, each incremental must have a
level creater than the previous dump and an incremental level can not be
bumped (only level 0 can be bumped).

Thainks,

Olivier