at first: happy new year to all you amanda-users!

--

Today I noticed that one server running Debian 9.6 and Samba-4.8.8 fails
to amcheck/amdump:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
HOST backup ERROR: smbclient: Unable to initialize messaging context
HOST backup ERROR: //192.168.16.230/ELBA5: Application 'amsamba': exited
with status 1
HOST backup ERROR: smbclient: Unable to initialize messaging context
HOST backup ERROR: //192.168.16.230/BMDDocs: Application 'amsamba':
exited with status 1
HOST backup ERROR: smbclient: Unable to initialize messaging context

etc

I googled and found issues with samba, reported it already:

https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2019-January/220209.html

maybe it is safe and working to ignore it, I will try to let amsamba
ignore that message.

Anyone else hitting this?