Oops, forgot to add the list to this.

On Tue, 14 May 2019 19:22:16 -0400
Nathan Stratton Treadway <natha...@ontko.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 16:56:16 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> > apt-file reports 61 files named JSON.pm, in different places and
> > different packages. One of them is libjson-perl. Sigh.
> >
> > However, that solved that dependency. Thank you.
>
> Great.
>
> WHen I built the package locally (from the Debian source package), it
> seems to have figured out that dependency on its own.  I will see if I
> can find in my build log how that happened.

You may have already had it installed for some other program. I'm
deliberately running this on a virgin machine so as to catch such
assumptions.

> > One more, while we're at it....
> >

> > libencode-locale-perl
>
> That one doesn't seem to be a dependency of the Debian packages.  Do
> you remember what broke when you didn't haae it installed?

It appears to be used in 816 places....

charles@amanda:~/amanda$ find -type f | xargs grep encode | grep locale
| wc -l 816

Both were called from amlabel.

> > The next problem is, in short, I was trying to do things as
> > backup:backup. Wrong, amanda insists on running and owning things as
> > amandabackup:amandabackup.
>
> (Yeah, switching back and fourth between the official Debian packages
> and the zmanda.org Debian packages will be a bit of a pain for that
> reason...)

Yep. Right now I have the debian package specific stuff commented out
of my script. One of these days, I may make it smart enough to tell the
difference.

Now to get amanda-security.conf set up. Or amanda over SSH; we will see.

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but