On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 19:58:52 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Wed, 15 May 2019 20:48:46 -0400
> Nathan Stratton Treadway <natha...@ontko.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 17:02:57 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
>
> Here's what I do to customize:
>
> cp -rp /var/lib/amanda/example/amanda.conf ${confDir}
>
> # Now adjust the configuration to suit.
> cd ${confDir}
> sed -i -e
> "s/tape:\/dev\/YOUR-TAPE-DEVICE-HERE/chg-disk:\/var\/amanda\/vtapes/"
> amanda.conf
> sed -i -e 's/tapetype HP-DAT/tapetype HARD-DISK/' amanda.conf
>
> And that seems to works. It does produce one spurious commented out
> change, on line 118.

When you say "that seems to work", do you mean it fixes amrecover, or
just that the sed commands do edit the lines in the amanda.conf file?

As far as I understand, amrecover looks at amanda-client.conf (and not
amanda.conf), so to get amrecover to work without the "-d" command line
option you'd need to do do some editing of the -client file.

(But given that the official Debian packages work the way you want
without any -client file at all, I'm thinking that it makes sense to
simply comment out the tapdev line in the -client file, rather than edit
it to make it match the amanda.conf file [though as long as the two
lines are in sync the net effect is probably the same].)

                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239