I am sorry, did not follow this thread but have had similar
problems (level 1 backup behave as level 0 and thus back-upped all
files), so my suggestion might be mentioned already.

My amanda problem only happened with an ntfs formatted disk partition
and at the end I found that adding the option noatime in the mount cured
it.  It looked as if atime did modify although it should not (but my
computer has daily reboots)

/dev/sdc1  /home/xxx/yyy       ntfs-3g \
  defaults,uid=1000,gid=100,umask=0022,noatime,nofail,rw     0 0

Charles

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 00:13:40 -0400
Nathan Stratton Treadway <natha...@ontko.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > hours to fill said tape) to put a bunch of partial backups....
>
> Okay, I'm thinking a way forward from here is to try running a dump
> run with just a few of your DLEs, so that they actually fit on a tape
> and those dumps run to completion.  You can either do this by
> commenting out all but a few DLEs in your disklist file, or by
> passing a few host/disk expressions on the amdump command line.
>
> I'd probably start with just one or two DLEs, and be sure to do a
> "amadmin ... force" on those DLEs beforehand so they run as level 0
> dumps.
>
> I don't believe the .new files left out there in the snapshot
> directory will cause a problem for you -- I"m pretty sure Amanda will
> just overwrite them the next time it tries to use the level in
> question.
>
> You probably do need to clear room in your holding disk so that future
> dump runs have space to work.  Can you run amflush to clear them
> complete ones to tape?  After that, it's probably safe to just delete
> the incomplete ones that remain (on the theory that you will getting
> complete backups of the DLEs in question before too long...)
>

> Once you get a DLE or two to complete successfully, then you can try
> running those same DLEs again, and see if those incremental are the
> expected size....
>
> (Obviously with this approach the next two tapes you use will be
> mostly empty, but the advantage is that the tests will run pretty
> quickly, and hopefully they will go a long way toward narrowing down
> the source of the problem....)
>

> Meanwhile, just to start investigating the possibility that it is a
> device number problem: does the "stat" command on the FreeNAS box show
> you device-number info?  On my Linux box the stat output looks like:
>   $ stat .profile
>    File: .profile
>     Size: 675             Blocks: 8          IO Block: 4096   regular
> file Device: 901h/2305d      Inode: 83583       Links: 1
>   Access: (0640/-rw-r-----)  Uid: ( 1001/nathanst)   Gid:
> ( 1001/nathanst) Access: 2019-06-17 10:22:00.630973405 -0400
>   Modify: 2016-05-20 17:58:08.467463415 -0400
>   Change: 2017-06-07 10:19:38.467463415 -0400
>    Birth: -
>
> If you run "stat" on some file that's included in one of your DLEs,
> and the output has the "Device: 901h/2305d" part (or something
> similar), then we should be able to use that to check to see if the
> device number is causing the problem.
>
> Along those lines, does the FreNAS shell environment have Perl
> installed?  Or can you easily copy a snapshot file over to a machine
> that has Perl?
>
>                                                       Nathan

> Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic
> region Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -
> http://www.ontko.com/ GPG Key:
> http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239 Key
> fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239

On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 18:35:20 -0400

--
Charles Stroom
email: charles at no-spam.stremen.xs4all.nl (remove the "no-spam.")