Am 24.06.19 um 22:06 schrieb Debra S Baddorf:

> You can also use  “dd”  to get the whole dump off tape.  You would have to
> “glue” together
> any partial files;  I don’t know how to do that  (I’ve specified no partial
> files).
>
> “dd” still needs a reasonably correct block size.

thanks for the workaround howto

but I would prefer to have a fully working amanda setup ;-)

I fiddle with the parameters and managed to get amrecover working. Seems
one has to relabel and/or edit the tapelist as well.

I read the numerous how-to-relabel-postings ... couldn't we get a *tool*
doing that? I mean, other software projects improve over time ;-)

Another thought: if the blocksize of the tapetype and the blocksize of
the changer-definition mismatch: shouldn't there be a warning? Something
in amcheck or so ...

Right now we get errors in dmesg etc ... not very user-friendly IMO.

greets, Stefan