Hi,

My prototype of a S3tarfs is progressing well, good enough to start
thinking integrating with amanda.  Anyone have experience to share
about creating a new application for amanda backups?

There is support for:
 - gtar
 - pgsql
 - samba
 - star
 - suntar
 - zfs-sendrecv
 - zfs-snapshot

I want to add support for S3tar and S3tarfs, they are two
implementations of the same, but the former implements a proprietary
stream and the later uses S3fs and tar.

Kind regards
Jose M Calhariz

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 02:56:50PM +0100, Jose M Calhariz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> where I work we have several storage systems that the best way to
> access them is using an S3 gateway.  This systems needs backups and
> archives.
>
> My question is:
>
> In this list there is more people that want to do backup of S3
> storage?
>
> What are your experiences?
>
> Want to help in assisting the development of a plugin for amanda?  Beta
> tester are welcome.
>
> Kind regards
> Jose M Calhariz

        A consciência e aquela voz interior que nos adverte de que
        alguem pode estar olhando.
                -- H. L. Mencken