Am 27.11.19 um 21:22 schrieb Debra S Baddorf:

>> On Nov 27, 2019, at 3:29 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <s...@amanda.org> wrote:
>>
>> There could also be a separate cronjob with "amdump --no-taper" when I
>> think about it.
>>
>> I could run that during the day maybe. This would give me time to run
>> another script find-ing the latest dump in the holdingdisk etc
>
> Actually, I like this idea a lot.

Thank you ;-)

> Create a script like this
>
>       amdump —no-taper
>        trigger synch process (or just copy to remote area)
>
> so that the sync  happens immediately after the dump is finished.
> Run script earlier in the day than normal backups, allowing enough time
> for it to finish.
>
> Then,  when the normal backup run is done,  amanda will auto-magically
> FLUSH that earlier run onto the vtape with the rest of them, and will then
> delete it from the holding disk.
>
>     Or,  run it immediately after LAST NIGHT’s backup run.  The dump
> would sit in holding all day, and become part of the NEXT night’s normal
> backup.

Yes, exactly.

I was busy with other things this week so I haven't yet found the time
and/or the brain to work on this.

A detail to solve is:

the dump will look like

# tree /mnt/amhold/vtape/
/mnt/amhold/vtape/
└── 20191129170354
    ├── pre01svdeb02.ntcs-sql-latest.0
    ├── pre01svdeb02.ntcs-sql-latest.0.1
    └── pre01svdeb02.ntcs-sql-latest.0.2

... the timestamp will change every day/run, so I need some find-command
to find the latest file (there could be more than one sometimes) and
then maybe setup a rotating symlink or so (I mean something like a
prefix "sqldump-latest" or so).

We talk about ~5GB here. Unfortunately this will be a completely new
file each day (think "binary and compressed here"), so I expect rsync to
transfer the whole file each time. This will take a few hours over that
small DSL-line ... so this will have to happen during the night.

But the rsync could be run at a completely different time.

As there are vtapes in place ... it's even possible to run a specific
"amflush -b" for that DLE after the sync.

I will try that in the next days or so.