On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 01:06:13PM +0100, Nuno Dias wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I tried everything, I'm using the Administrator user in windows 10, I
> check and he has the rights to do everything, nevertheless in smbclient
> I have several ERRORS saying "NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing" this is
> system files or system directories.
>
>  The backup I want to do is the users directories, and I can read that
> directories and files, it seems amanda fails because of the previous
> ERRORS.
>
>  Even if I put something like this //pcwindows/c$/Users/user/files and
> I'm positive that I can read these dir and files, I still have error
> in //pcwindows/c$/Progranas
> NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing \Programas\*
>
>  And this is not in the PATH of the backup :(

Putting on my "way back hat".  I recall problems backing up
Windows due to it refusal to allow multiple processes to
access the same file simultaneously.  The work-around that
M$ introduced was called, I think, Volume Shadow Copy (VSC?).

The Zmanda windows client (again I think) uses VSC to
overcome this deficiency in M$ file systems.

Might smbclient be bumping up against this M$ limitation?

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                 j...@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)