Retried amtatpetype with another new tape yesterday.

No success.

Labelled and tested with 64k blocksize, still about 200 GB size only.

Could the older kernel somehow play a role here?

The output of amtapetype says:

"LEOM is not supported for this drive and kernel"

I try to set "LEOM false" now explicitly.

Linux version 3.12.13-gentoo ... yeah, I know ...

But the server is ~3 hrs away and old, reinstallation without guarantees
is somehow inefficient.

(No IRMC/ILO remote console for doing kernel change easily)

-

It looks like a LTO2 tape ... although the customer told me it says LTO3
on the cartridge (and has a correct product number).

mt status detects it as density=0x44 as well, but the capacity and speed
looks like LTO2.

Strange.