Il 19/05/20 23:56, Chris Hoogendyk ha scritto:
> is it possible to configure amanda to handle keys for
> the native LTO drive encryption?
I rarely trust some HW features like encryption, RAID and compression...
They tend to render the devices way less interoperable and make recovery
way harder.
A tape drive must only store exactly what I throw at it in the most
reliable way. It must be readable on a similar drive even if from
another supplier and with a different FW version (I've seen RAID cards
unable to recognize the disks after a FW upgrade!).
Crypto is fragile: it's easy to do it wrong. Hence I prefer a dedicated
piece of software (that can easily be replaced/upgraded) to some HW that
implements unknown crypto (for someone, XOR with key is enough to say "I
support crypto")...

--
Diego Zuccato
DIFA - Dip. di Fisica e Astronomia