On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 18:44:10 +0100
"Stefan G. Weichinger" <s...@amanda.org> wrote:

> Tried it.
>
> Does not work to only edit that dumptype, amrecover seems to read the
> meta-info/header of the dump on tape.
>
> Same failure.

Drat.

> I'd also prefer to benefit of the parallelity of pigz at compression
> time.

I vaguely recall that the problems I had with pigz were at compression
time. If so, and if your problem was also at compression time, you may
be SOL.

However, you started a thread on the list on January 27, 2014, that may
have some good ideas. One of them was:

> Use the '-r' argument of amrestore and manually uncompress the file
> with pigz or gzip
>
> Jean-Louis

You may have to use dd to pull the archive from the tape.

Anyway, that thread may give you some ideas. Or bring back some
memories.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com