We have the HP StorEver  MSL4048  tape library.  It is sold with 40 tape slots,
and you separately choose your tape drive (yeah, half height).
We’ve loved it.   5 years old now.  We had a weird problem that never found a
fix, merely a work-around ….

A similar  (another brand ) MSL4048 that I also run, wearing another
department’s hat has always worked great.   It’s even older yet.
They replaced older tape drives  (LTO3?)  with LTO4  a few years back, and the
library  still works nicely.
Its age is showing with some mis-reads by the barcode reader — but I print my
own labels, so half of that could be my fault.

Amanda likes them just fine.  I read the comments in a bunch of amanda’s files,
and tested the tape library first with
mtx  and  raw tape commands.   Then tested amanda’s   tape move commands
(amtape <config>  slot NN,
amtape <config>  slot next,   etc)   And then tested a small amanda setup.
Now I have 34 nodes, and perhaps 100 DLEs.

Deb Baddorf
Fermilab