On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 02:56:55 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> But that after amanda script worked and I have uptodate indices and
> config files in that vtape now.  [...] so a/o vtape Dailys-25 I have
> what I think is a good backup again.

Great!

Since you commented out the section of the "if" that depends on
PARTS_WRITTEN, the code that does the parsing of the amstatus output
won't matter any more -- but if you notice the next time amdump writes
to two vtapes, it would be interesting to see the output of amstatus
from that run...  (And also to know if amstatatus still generates a perl
warning in that situation.)

> And it did not leave the failed crc file in the dumps assignment,

I assume nothing we've done so far would have changed the crc-related
behavior, so if you see that problem again, you should definitely follow
up on that issue (over on that specific list thread)....

                                                Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239