Am 12.07.21 um 19:01 schrieb Debra S Baddorf:
Using a global exclude list seems to work out fine, so thanks for pointing that
out.

Enjoy the weekend!

Cheers,
Kees

Yeah - I realized later that you might have meant “leading dot”.
I was actually using   ./amanda-exclude-file
to indicate that it was at the top of the DLE.   But no dot  IN the name.

I prefer to have my exclude-files on the amanda-server, with the actual config:

/etc/amanda/daily/excludes

contains

root_excludes
var_excludes
you_name_the_DLE_excludes

If I have more than one amanda-config, I either symlink or just refer to the files from the other directory.

I do it this way because then I have the full config in one place, ready to tar or commit to git.

Just another way of doing it.