On Fri, 20 Aug 2021 08:42:22 +0200
"Stefan G. Weichinger" <s...@amanda.org> wrote:

> https://www.oops.co.at/?p=341
>
> comments and feedback welcome

Typo:

    And because we have to tell systemd that it should create a and
    listen on this TCP-socket, we need a socket-file as well:

Create a what?

Otherwise, it looks good to me. Not that I am any great systemd guru.

Two notes I expect are beyond the scope of this article:

I have found that none of that is necessary (except shutting down
(x)inetd if you don't otherwise use it) if you use ssh auth. I also
don't open the traditional amanda ports in my firewall.

Debian 11 (Bullseye) is out, and I have been running the amanda client
(1:3.5.1-7) with a Buster server (1:3.5.1-2+b2) for several months with
no hiccoughs yet.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com