Neil Richardson <ne...@ieee.org> writes:

> tl;dr: How to prevent amrecover from promoting for the next vtape?
>

> I feel like I'm on the edge of getting this but am still missing a piece:
> when Amanda is using folders as vtapes on a connected storage device (so all
> the tapes are always available), amdump doesn't prompt for the operator to
> change to the next tape when one gets filled.  So how do I get amrecover to
> also not prompt me to change disks?
>
> I thought it would be related to what Changer was configured, but it isn't
> working in my current configuration and when I tried changing it the values I
> used didn't work.  I tried reviewing the documentation and searching the list
> archives but haven't found anything helpful yet.  Can someone please help me
> understand what I'm missing?

If you use the same configuration for amrecover that you used for amdump
and if the index and taper are the proper ones (-s and -t), amrecover
will use the same tape-changer that amdump used and it will not prompt
you for new tapes. At the begining of the recover, it will ask you to
mount the first tape, but normally you only have to answer yes and it
will be automatic.

Best regards,

Olivier

For example, the DLE is spit on 11 tapes, but amrecover never ask for
any tape beyond the first one:

amrecover> extract

Extracting files using tape drive chg-compat:chg-vdisk on host
localhost.
The following tapes are needed: CSIM-set-198 CSIM-set-199 CSIM-set-200
CSIM-set-202 CSIM-set-203 CSIM-set-204 CSIM-set-206 CSIM-set-207
CSIM-set-208 CSIM-set-246 CSIM-set-255

Extracting files using tape drive chg-compat:chg-vdisk on host
localhost.
Load tape CSIM-set-198 now
Continue [?/Y/n/s/d]? y
Restoring files into directory /holding/recover
All existing files in /holding/recover can be deleted
Continue [?/Y/n]? y