On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 10:37:48AM +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
> Am 13.04.22 um 09:56 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
> >
> > Am 12.04.22 um 17:57 schrieb Jose M Calhariz:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > To tell that I have 1 instalation of amanda in Debian 11 with vtapes
> > > working flawless.  Can we share the setup?
> >
> > Sure, I'd appreciate that.
> >
> > I have several vtape-installations working OK, it seems that the special
> > config with aggregating 2 or more chg-disk-changers is the problem here.
> >
> > I will post such a config in the next hour.
>
> OK, showing.
>
> I won't post the whole amanda.conf as it is long and maybe irrelevant for
> this topic.
>
> Just the parts around the changers, and some scheduling parameters.
>
> See "amadmin vtape config" here:
>
> https://gist.github.com/stefangweichinger/693eeb2c0c02d03abb31b53073352dd1
>
> (yes, way too many old dumptypes in there etc)
>
> -
>
> I take the setup from a site where we have 7 external USB drives with vtapes
> on them.
>
> So 7 changer devices like this:
>
> define changer disk1 {
>       tpchanger "chg-disk:/mnt/externaldisk1"
>               property "num_slot" "20"
>               property "auto-create-slot" "yes"
>               property "removable" "yes"
>               property "MOUNT" "yes"
>               property "UMOUNT" "yes"
>               property "UMOUNT-LOCKFILE"
> "/etc/amanda/vtape/externaldisk1.lock"
>               property "UMOUNT-DELAY" "1"
> }
>
> define changer disk2 {
>       tpchanger "chg-disk:/mnt/externaldisk2"
>               property "num_slot" "20"
>               property "auto-create-slot" "yes"
>               property "removable" "yes"
>               property "MOUNT" "yes"
>               property "UMOUNT" "yes"
>               property "UMOUNT-LOCKFILE"
> "/etc/amanda/vtape/externaldisk2.lock"
>               property "UMOUNT-DELAY" "1"
> }
>
> ... up to changer disk3. all the disks are listed in /etc/fstab
>
> UUID=5a5a9927-995f-4f0f-98ff-d222561f84ff /mnt/externaldisk1 ext4
> relatime,noauto,user 0 2
>
> and are (un-)mounted by the backup-user at amanda runtime.
>
> -
>
> The 7 chg-disk changers are aggregated into one "tpchanger" via
> chg-aggregate:
>
> define changer aggregate {
>       tpchanger "chg-aggregate:{disk1,disk2,disk3,disk4,disk5,disk6,disk7}"
>               property "state_filename" "/etc/amanda/vtape/aggregate.stats"
>               property "allow-missing-changer" "yes"
> }
>
> And that one is used via:
>
> tpchanger           "aggregate"
>
> - The "design goal" here was:
>
> an employee should swap the usb-disk every week.
>
> Amanda should rotate vtapes on one disk if they forget to change the disk.
>
> Amanda should use vtapes on each external disk, regardless which disk is
> attached.
>
> That works OK.
>
> Right now it's only that issue around "why aren't existing vtapes recognized
> [...]

My setup is more simple

I have several RAID6, each one is always mounted, on /vTapes1,
/vTapes2, ... and there is a /vLibrary where there is all slots
directories that are symbolic links into /vTapes*

Have you look inside /mnt/externaldisk* to check if everything seams
OK?

Kind regards
Jose M Calhariz

Conheci no Brasil a miséria rica. Hoje, conheço a riqueza miserável

--Adolpho Bloch