My system is so old that there are no updates anymore (Fedora 16). So I'm sure
no other software changed.
I did add this to /etc/pulse/daemon.conf:
default-sample-rate = 48000

I did this to fix broken audio playback in Google Chrome. Before that I had:
default-sample-rate = 44100
And before that I didn't had this line at all. And only now Amarok has this
problem.
Can it really has something to do with that? Pausing+unpausing and the sample
rate?