Okay, thank you for testing.
Judging from the fact that the behaviour / steps to reproduce the issue and the
system
correspond to my test, I suspect there was just some problem with applying the
changes
in the merge request. But no worries; I'll merge the change anyhow as I'm quite
confident
it does fix this issue (as it did in my tests, where I experienced exactly the
behaviour in
your description), and the (assumed?) fix will be available in 3.0.1
release, and nightly git builds before that, too.

"after 2 seconds the sound stops for half a second or so" - hmm, sounds
strange, but there
haven't been any changes that could cause that, so I'll just have to assume it
is caused by some
difference in build process.

Tuomas