I understand that keeping it in memory isn't going to help speed
on the local machine, but the advantage is a global cache shared
across many machines - each benefiting from the previous scanning
results of the others.

Given how frequently body caches hits are, I would imagine that
for those of us with dozens of machines in a load-balanced setup,
we could see a pretty good hit rate.

We haven't had time to actually try it out yet, though. Has anyone?
Or does anyone have any long term cache-hit statistics? We've not
bothered to keep any record of that in the past.

Ed