Peter van den Berg wrote the following on 03/07/2005 15:45:
I'm trying to get amavisd-new to work with my virtual mysql postfix setup. But I can't find a good tutorial on how to do this. And from the include documentation i'm not getting anywhere.

can someone post an example db config + amavisd.conf with some comments.

thankz

Peter

I converted to amavisd-new a few months ago and set-up the SQL back-end at the
same time.

My comments would be that:

- As a new user of amavis the documents can feel a bit over-whelming. But they
were the best source of information.

- A good reference for the Postfix-Amavis set-up is Ralf & [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Book of Postfix.

- If you are going to use SQL then the amavis SQL docs have everything you
need. However it will take a bit more effort if you use mysql prior to version
4. I'm about to update a few of my nodes to version 4, just so that management
is a bit easier.

HTH

Alan