In a process of deep contemplation, Bender carefully constucted the following missive on 7/20/2005 2:17 PM:
I'm trying to make per user (t.e. recepient address)
settings via directory service (for instance, black and
white lists). All mail accounts resides under a single
direcroty branch, each of them consist mail attribute and
aliases. Besides it, mail account may contain amavisAccount
object with some attributes define custom rules for some
mailboxes. And directory does not contain any other global
settings for amavis. If I all undertand right, this may be
done via ldap lookups, isn't it ?

I guess I still need to ask, what is the problem?

I'm very sorry for obscurity. Originaly I have got trouble with LDAP lookups engine, but now I'm not ready to speak about this. At present my trouble is here:

AMaViS brokes my LDAP filter which used for lookups. For example, if filter is (lookup going to be done against mail adress and its aliases):

(&(objectClass=amavisAccount)(|(mail=%m)(mailAlias=%m)))

and we are looking for [EMAIL PROTECTED], it expands to:

(&(objectClass=amavisAccount)(|(|([EMAIL PROTECTED]) \
(mail=my)([EMAIL PROTECTED])([EMAIL PROTECTED])([EMAIL PROTECTED]) \
([EMAIL PROTECTED]))(mailAlias=%m)))

The docs imply that the searches are done in order. You definitely want settings in [EMAIL PROTECTED] overriding @host.com, so order is important. Does anyone know - do the SQL lookups build one SQL request, or are they done sequentially?

If they're done in one request, at least the filter should be built correctly. But it seems to me that sequential requests would be more correct.