Hi all,

The amavis schema for LDAP requires the attribute 'mail'. All of our users have virtual mailboxes (a bunch of domains) that eventually map to their "REAL" email address, which is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

So for instance, a postfix virtual user table could be:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In LDAP, the left hand side of the above column (their "virtual address") is the mailLocalAddress. The right hand side (their "real address", they can only have ONE of these. This is the address that mail gets DELIVERED to after the virtual user translation) is called mailRoutingAddress in LDAP.

I originally changed the query_filter in amavis (and hence the schema) to mailLocalAddress. But then it started searching for [EMAIL PROTECTED] When I changed the mailLocalAddress query_filter to mailRoutingAddress, it is now pulling in data fine (I guess because the translation from the virtual user table occurs BEFORE the mail is passed through amavis).

So my question is: Should I now change the schema from requiring the 'mail' attribute to requiring the 'mailRoutingAddress' attribute, instead of the mailLocalAddress attribute? Again, mailRoutingAddress is a UNIQUE and SINGLE value (they can only have one mailRoutingAddress, but multiple mailLocalAddresses)..... therefore I think this is a change i want to make.

Thanks!

-Matt