Exactly! In my opinion, silently discarding e-mails for non existent users
is even worse then sending bounces.
Why is that? Because the end user can't expect reliable e-mail delivery
anymore. He can't be sure that he didn't mistype recipient's e-mail address
anymore - this "solution" won't send a NDN and the sender won't know that
his message wasn't received by the recipient.

Therefore (as it can be already seen :), I'm strongly for rejecting non
existent users at the front end. Yes, there are some negative sides about
this (makes it easier to harvest working e-mail addresses), but I think that
the benefit of not deailing with bouncers greatly overweights this.

Cheers,

Bojan