Matt wrote:

>> Then I'm not sure where razor is set up for you. If your amavis user
>> is named 'vscan':
>>
>> su vscan -c 'razor-admin -create'
>>
>> should create /var/amavis/.razor
>>
>> with these files in it:
>> -rw-r--r--  1 vscan  vscan  698 Aug 10 10:45 razor-agent.conf
>> -rw-r--r--  1 vscan  vscan  484 Aug 10 10:45 server.folly.cloudmark.com.conf
>> -rw-r--r--  1 vscan  vscan   20 Aug 10 10:45 servers.catalogue.lst
>> -rw-r--r--  1 vscan  vscan   22 Aug 10 10:45 servers.discovery.lst
>> -rw-r--r--  1 vscan  vscan   38 Aug 10 10:45 servers.nomination.lst
>>
>> then run:
>>
>> su vscan -c 'razor-admin -register'
>> (may need to run twice)
>>
>> then:
>> vi /var/amavis/.razor/razor-agent.conf
>> and change debuglevel to 0
>>
>> Optional, but recommended:
>> vi /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
>> (or wherever local.cf is located)
>> and insert:
>> razor_config /var/amavis/.razor/razor-agent.conf

> In my rc.local script that creates the RAM drive, can't I just do:

> ln -s /dev/null /var/amavis/tmp/razor-agent.log

> temporarily until such time as I get around to play with razor?  I dont
> really want to create new config files and mess with config files until
> next week when I have more time (our current setup is fairly stable).

> -matt

Not absolutely sure, but I would have to say that just seems like a
bad idea.

So you are already using a RAM drive for /var/amavis/tmp ?

As a test, I removed my /var/amavis/.razor directory, then upon running
'amavisd debug-sa' I get:

 Razor-Log: Computed user confpath from env: /var/amavis/.razor
 Razor-Log: No /var/amavis/.razor/razor-agent.conf found, skipping.
 Razor-Log: No razor-agent.conf found, using defaults.
 Razor-Log: Computed razorhome from env: /var/amavis/.razor
 Razor-Log: No razorhome found, using all defaults

So, until you create this stuff, defaults (debuglevel = 3) will be used.

If you are currently deleting the file manually,
I would be tempted to simply automate this task in crontab:

7 * * * * /bin/rm /var/amavis/tmp/razor-agent.log

But really, configuring razor as I mentioned is quite simple.