Ralf,

> > Use of uninitialized value in numeric le (<=)
> > at /usr/sbin/amavisd line 1524.
> If I explicitly set the log_level, it's gone...

There are lots of other warnings about the use of uninitialized
values. Seems like recent version of Perl has this type of warnings
turned on by default, yet older versions did not. All of these are
harmless in amavisd-new, as the program makes extensive use of the
Perl's promise to treat undef as 0 in numerical context and as an
empty string in string context.

In last couple of versions of amavisd-new I went to trouble
of reducing the more frequent warnings about uninitialized values,
but there are still plenty left.

I'll get this one quenched for 2.3.3 as well, as it can be
quite frequent. Thanks!