Zitat von Tony Earnshaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

lør, 20.08.2005 kl. 16.06 skrev [EMAIL PROTECTED]:

Zitat von Michael Scheidell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> According to the auto-ignore I just got from msn.com, it looks like they
> will be ignoring complaints about spaces msn com spam because it doesn't
> originate from an msn.com email address:

This seams to be a common approach today from the MS mail providers.
Just got
the reply below for a complaint about some spam from a hotmail server
(bay5-f13.bay5.hotmail.com [65.54.173.13]) without a hotmail address as
envelope sender :

"Unfortunately, we cannot take action on the mail you sent us
because it does
not reference a Hotmail account. Please send us another message that
contains
the full Hotmail e-mail address and the full e-mail message to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]"

I guess i should block the whole *.hotmail.com crap anyway...

That would be stupid.

Get yourself a proper MTA, such as Postfix 2.1.x or more recent. If you
already have it and are using it, learn to configure it. My site,
mail.barlaeus.nl (1150+ users, Postfix 2.1.5), using gld greylisting
*and* recent amavisd-new for AV, gets masses of Hotmail stuff,
obviously.

We are using Postfix 2.2.5, some RBLs, greylisting and no, *content-filtering*
is not a additional option. Furthermore in europe nearly no one which uses
e-mail for serious purposes would use a hotmail account.

If you want to reject spam from hotmail addresses, they should
definitely have a hotmail envelope sender address.

They should but, they did not (see below). For sure from a hotmail server, but
with no hotmail envelope sender. It seams that the hotmail abuse desk
is on the
same track refusing to believe what they don't want to happen.