tir, 30.08.2005 kl. 15.53 skrev Stuart Johnston:

> > Sigh ... what amavisd-new, what Postfix, what OS/distro, what
> > configurations?
> >

> amavisd-new-2.1.2 (slightly customized), postfix-2.0.16, RHEL3.
> Standard postfix/amavisd-new configuration, I suppose.  After-queue
> filtering, spamassassin (with network tests), clamav.
>
> > Been running "amavisd-new" and "Postfix" on "Linux" rigs for more than
> > two years now with uptimes up to 3 months (kernel updates) and it never
> > once happened to my rigs, yet.
>
> The lock-ups are rare enough that I'm not really worried about it.
> Postfix does a fine job of queueing-up messages until things get sorted
> out.  More common than lock-ups is when I reload amavis after
> configuration changes and it doesn't come back fast enough for postfix's
> timeout.

Ok, 2 rigs with RHAS3 here:

1: amavisd-new 2.1.2 as before-queue proxy running Sophos SAV standard
configuration, Postfix 2.1.5, Postfix - amavisd-new - Postfix, no
problems - uptime's 81 days at the moment.

2: Test rig - amavisd-new 2.3.2 as before-queue proxy as reference (not
running anything), all data written to ram (tmpfs), Postfix 2.2.5,
Postfix - amavisd-new - Postfix  - dspam - Postfix, no problems. Uptime
varies, the longest lately has been a month.

Try unhooking SA for a few minutes to see what happens.

--Tonni

--
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.billy.demon.nl