On 8/31/05, Mark Martinec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Perhaps there should be two flags to reflect each of the kill / tag2 levels.

I do not think that is necessary.

> The idea behind the current choice is the same as for quarantining:
> - if mail is not delivered, it goes to quarantine and content becomes 'S';
> - if the mail _was_ delivered (tagged or not), recipient can do with it
>   whatever he pleases, but as far as central content filtering is concerned,
>   the mail was not treated as spam and not held.

If the score was between tag2 and kill levels, I feel the content type
should be 'S'. You do not lose any information from this, because if
it was quarantined, the quar_type field would not be NULL. Actually
with this setup you could never tell if the score passed the kill
level if there was no quarantining in place at all, but I think that
this is a better tradeoff.

> For statistical purposes it is perhaps better to deal with score levels
> directly.

But this can be misleading when recipients have different SA levels.
Depending on what kind of statistical information you needed.